Maybe you already know that Quito Capital Ecuador is one of the most visited cities in South America. Also one of the most beautiful and most conserved Historic Center all over the world. The Cathedral is the oldest cathedral in South America, and has been repaired and remodelled countless times due to earthquake damages. Quito was the first World Cultural Heritage Sites declared by UNESCO in 1978. If you want to get to know the Historic Center with locals, there is a Free Walking Tour Quito from Monday to Saturday.
Quito Airport Mariscal Sucre was designed as Airport Leader of South America. You can flight from Quito to the biggest cities of Ecuador as Guayaquil, Cuenca, Loja, Manta, Salinas, Esmeraldas, Tulcán, Latacunga and to the Amazon to Coca and Lago Agrio.
If you have only a day or few hours between two flight you should contact the Hostel Posada Mirolindo only 10 minutes from the Airport, they also INCLUDE in their price transport IN and OUT from the Airport to the Lodging.
Quito Capital Ecuador
What to do in Quito Ecuador ? Here are the best things to do in Quito Capital Ecuador !
In Quito there are numerous beautiful sites to visit and discover, we’ll give you some :
- The Monastery of San Francisco and its place “Plaza San Francisco” in the Historic Center.
- The Virgin of the Americas, on the Mirador “Panecillo” hill, is a 41 m. statue of aluminium that was erected in 1976 with wings of an angel, unusual feature in statuary of the Virgin Mary.
- The Intiñan Museum, the official Middle of the World Monument, straddles the equator 22 km north of Quito. Here is the Website
- The Cable Car “Teleférico” to Cruz Loma to get to the East side of the Volcano Pichincha and see the beautiful contrast between the old and the new Quito.
- For the nightlife, we recommend you to visit the Street “Calle la Ronda” in the Historic Center and the district “La Mariscal” or “Plaza Foch” where you’ll find all kinds of international Bars, Restaurants and Discotheques.